Friday 28 March 2008

Picture of the Beehive

Well I finally got around to processing the beehive pics taken with the camera piggy backed on the scope. I've done it several times as I'm not really keen on how it's come out. Too blobby. I've worked out why this happened, and I don't think there's anything I can do about it this time around. Because I used the 10x zoom on the camera, which increases the image size on the sensor, the stars are no longer dots. As has been suggested by Geppotto on Astrochat, next time, go for less zoom and crop, will have to see how that comes out. This is a stack of 40x30second frames, with 15 dark frames, stacked in DSS. The first image was played with in PS, the second image was played with in DSS then just a little NC tools in PS. I forgot to set the ISO setting on the camera, so it auto selected it for me, I have no idea what it picked for each image, and this probably didn't help any.

Stacked in DSS processed in PS:


Stacked and mainly processed in DSS with a little tweak in PS

No comments: