Saturday 18 October 2008

A few shots from the past few days and some news

Ok, first off a few shots from the last few days. I'll start with the moons... These are all handheld

Photobucket

and as an example this is cropped from
Photobucket

and another
Photobucket

A couple of daytime moons trying something out with a bit of foreground
Photobucket

Photobucket

Another night shot

Photobucket

And two more from this morning
Photobucket

Photobucket

On Thursday night, I ended up getting called and working till three. I glanced out the window and there was Orion. I popped the camera on the tripod, and after some experimenting to get the settings right (the moon was really bright and quite close by), took a bunch of 10 and 15 second exposures, stacked in DSS produced these..

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm really surprised how much M42 has shown through there considering how short the exposures were and how few of them. I'm looking forward to a couple of months time when I can get the scope on it...

And finally some news. One of my Iridium Flare shots

Photobucket

Has been published on the cover cd of the Sky at Night magazine. I'm really, really pleased... YIPPEE!!!!!

No comments: