Monday 28 July 2008

Satellite Marathon - 24th July

I decided to set myself a challenge and attempt to image all the satellites brighter than mag 3.5 passing over tonight. I nearly succeeded. I missed the early ISS pass, HA appears to have been 3 minutes out on the ISS all night, and I didn't work it out till the second pass. The first couple are there, in the middle of the image, but they are damn hard to see (sorry the sky was really bright and I can't process this side of things). I was fighting clouds, low flying aircraft and windy conditions.

ISS - Missed, prediction early by 3 minutes

Lacrosse 3 (it's there promise)
Photobucket

Cosmos 1143 Rocket (also there, but nearly hiding in the clouds)
Photobucket

Envisat - missed

EAS - Missed

Cosmos 2236 Rocket
Photobucket


ISS - With a surprise guest of Cosmos 2082 Rocket
Photobucket

Cosmos 1154 Rocket
Photobucket

Cosmos 1844 Rocket
[img]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg118/johns_bucketofphotos/astro/c1844r.jpg[/img]

Cosmos 1484 + unknown special guest
Photobucket

Helios 1A Rocket
Photobucket

And finally the ISS fades into shadow (well nearly)
Photobucket

No comments: