Sunday 11 July 2010

Noctilucent Clouds - Friday 9th July

I was sat in the garden on Friday evening, soon after the sun had set, I glanced up and could see some faint hints of slightly glowing ripples in the air. I grabbed some binoculars for a quick check, and yes, NLC's. The fact I could see them from the back garden, without having to squeeze right into the corner to get around the tree meant this was going to be a wide display. I dashed in, grabbed the camera and tripod and headed over the road to see what I could see and shoot.

Anyway, it turned out to be a really good and wide display...

I shot a number of Panoramas

6 pane pano, shot in portrait

Photobucket

4 pane pano, shot in portrait

Photobucket

3 pane pano, shot in landscape

Photobucket

8 pane pano, shot in Portrait

Photobucket

I also used the 55-250 to zoom in and capture some detail

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mark Lee said...

These have to be the best NLC pictures I have seen for a long time. ......Great images thanks for putting them on.