Sunday 1 August 2010

Some First Solar

I finally bought myself some Solar film to have a try at some solar imaging. The total swamp of clouds at night, and the bright skies were really getting me down.

I have a filter attachment for the scopes, unfortunately it's just a little too small for the C80ED (to the tune of about 1mm.. how typical is that ? Anyway, I made up too filter cells so far... one for my 55-250 camera lens (using a pair of UV filters and sandwiching the filter itself between them) and one for my little NexStar 60, as that's what the metal filter attachment fits. Here's the images so far...

With the 55-250

Photobucket

A couple with the NexStar 60 and the 450d on the back

A tree blew in the way whilst the shutter was open...

Photobucket

And a cloud boiled into view at this time...

Photobucket

And a few more with the 55-250... very heavily cropped...

This one has two spots... one upper left, and one lower right.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And whilst the spot isn't as sharp in this one, a bird flew between the camera and the sun... what could I do but shoot it...

Photobucket

No comments: