Tuesday 26 October 2010

More Sun and moon, and at last some deep sky

I'm gonna have to work on getting this updated a bit more regularly..

The sun is an interesting and challenging target and I've been having fun with white light imaging. These are all with the C80ED, 2xTC and 450d mounted on a camera tripod.
















Then I put together the above images into an Animation



It could do with some adjustments... but I've added some more and adjusted the alignment, I'm hoping to add a few more shots to get 14 days worth..









And I had a go at, what I thought was AR1117, but it looks like it was AR1119 instead with the 5v



The moon mosaic I tried didn't work as well as I'd hoped.. I really struggled with the sheer number of files and the amount of storage needed (my own fault for using a 5x barlow)... and it meant that I ended up having to take long breaks whilst dealing with the data files before I could capture the next set...



The nearly full moon (single shot)



And the early morning moon



I also managed to do some Deep Sky... I figured it best to go for a reasonably easy to find target, as I'd not done any Deep Sky in months, and make sure I could remember how to setup and get all the bits working together... It worked well.



The Double Cluster.

1 comment:

Roberto said...

Great photos! The video is amazing, i'll be waiting for the 14 days vid.
The moon mosaic is not as good as the last mosaic a few weeks ago.

cheers from Spain!
Rober