Thursday 15 May 2008

Last go at the AVI's

I had a go at some post processing on the mosaic and close in shot of Theo. Using, Focus Magic, an Unsharp Mask and despeckle I ended up with :

Photobucket

and

Photobucket

I think they are an improvement. I did attempt to run various other things, Contrast Masking, various filters etc, but they didn't improve them any further to my eyes. It looks like the Moon Mosaic has been overexposed on the limb, but as I was concentrating on getting the terminator correct, this isn't really a big surprise. Next attempt make sure the limb and bright areas are properly exposed, not burnt out, the darker areas can be lifted to bring out information, but if it's not there in the first place.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just been reading through your trials and tribulations with astronomy John and I'm really impressed with how far you have got in such a short time. I'm looking for a replacement mount for my camera tripod and your discovery of heaps of Celestron goto mounts on ebay looks exactly what I need :-) Happy stargazing!

John said...

Thanks Jeremy. Good luck with the mount hunt, I hope you get what you want, clear skies and happy stargazing.