Friday 7 November 2008

I saw the sky

The clouds actually parted on and off today. I was surprised as the forecast was supposed to be rubbish. Anyway, I saw the moon rising quite early on, early enough for the sky to still look light blue.

Photobucket

Having checked on HA, and found a flare prediction at -4, I grabbed the SatCatcher and decided to go for it. 20 minutes before the prediction, the sky was clear, 10 minutes before, rain, then a couple of minutes before it cleared. I dashed out setup and caught it. The flare didn't reach -4 though.... and it looks like I must have mucked something up on the SatCatcher whilst is was in storage...

Photobucket


The moon was now higher and against a dark sky...

Photobucket

A little later, after another band of cloud had passed through, the sky was once again clear. I grabbed the scope and all the paraphenalia and setup. A quick align on the moon, popped in the webcam with the 5x barlow, attempted to focus... hmm nothing... I looked up and the clouds were back in force again... so I packed up. I've still got to test this setup out. Hopefully soon.

No comments: