Wednesday 19 November 2008

Pulling my hair out

What a mare last tonight. My double flare was spoilt by clouds. The planets shots were all poor... looks like some movement in the camera, I'd probably have done better hand holding it. This is the best one

Photobucket


Since "balancing the scope" I'm getting tracking errors at only 30 seconds.... Never mind any longer. I shot a bunch of subs of M42 tonight, and only 1 x 2 minute sub it usable. Anyway, suffice it to say, that to top it off, the clouds moved in around then. I've put everything back how it was and I just hope that's cured it.

Anyway, here's the image from the single 2 minute frame. Not done much with it to be honest... The green tint is the CLS filter, that the DSS stack normally removes.

Photobucket

However, the high point of the night, whilst I was trying to work out what was causing my tracking errors at about 2220, and waiting for an exposure to finish, I glanced around and saw a fireball shoot across the sky. It was heading sort of from the Pleiades towards the South West ish, the track ran across about 40 to 50 degrees of the sky, and I watched it break up and disintegrate leaving behind a trail in the air that dissipated quickly.

No comments: