Monday 12 October 2009

More M31 and some M45

Another clear night last night.. this can't be right, that's two in under a week. Not that I'm complaining of course. Anyway, I carted the gear out for another session, aiming to capture more data on M31. A quick level and PA, hook up the wires, 3 star align, goto M31 and I'm off. I managed to capture 20 more 6 minute subs by which point the camera was looking worryingly close to the leg. I did consider flipping over and carrying on, but M45 was clear, high in the sky, so I thought I'd have a go at that too.

Anyway... After a stack (adding in the second nights data) to give 37x6 mins



I'm not sure I quite nailed the processing, it needs a little more work, although more data won't hurt...

Here's the stack of M45, only got 11 frames



This needs more data, but it's clear that 6 minutes is a good frame length for the whispy stuff, but I might go longer..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful images! nice blog!