Tuesday 27 October 2009

Some Moon and updates

Firstly, a tweak on M31... using highlights/shadows... and a couple of other minor adjustments



I managed to get a shot of the moon early on sunday, using the 450d, 2xTC, C80Ed on a camera tripod.



and lifted out the colour



I managed to get setup on sunday night... the sky looked clear. PA'ed aligned, got the camera rotation sorted, started guiding and set the camera running. Checking after 10 minutes, and a big wadge of cloud was moving across, not interfering at that point, but I knew a third sub was out of the question. I stopped after 2 and waited, watching, to see if the clouds would clear.. well after 30 minutes no change, I cleared up. Of course an hour later and clear again... typical...

Anyway, 2 more subs added to my M45 data



I think, to get anymore out of that, I'd need to get double the subs... to be honest, I'm not sure I'm going to this year... it might be time to go after another target.. M33 seems a good bet...

Then last night, before the clouds set in, I saw the moon and jupiter and got this shot



Yes, the moon is a little blown, but it's got the trees in shot nicely and Jupiter is clear... The clouds set in with a vengeance soon after that.

No comments: