Monday 9 November 2009

A couple of the moon

This weather is getting to me... The clear gaps are not lasting for more than a short while, often followed by bursts of rain, and more clear spells. I'm not going to risk my kit for a short period of clear in the potential for rain. I have been able to get a couple of moon shots though...

One from Friday night



And one from about 10 hours later. It's amazing how in such a short period of time, the view and orientation change so much.



And then last night, I put my little Mak out to check it's collimation on Polaris, cos it looked clear... 30 minutes later, I went back out, clouds had covered Polaris, and my Mak was covered in a film of moisture... never mind...

However, on checking the doors were all locked, I spotted the moon was up, looking out, and there was Mars nearby. What a lovely sight. I got a shot of it, real tough one thanks to the dynamic range...



but easily solved, but taking two shots, one for the moon, one for Mars, layering them, and erasing the moon layer where Mars is to allow the bright Mars to shine through. You know what the biggest shame was... the Beehive was sat between them, and it would have been lovely to have got all that buzzing clusteryness in the same frame, but there was no way I was going to achieve that little task...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice images of the moon!