Wednesday 11 March 2009

A couple more moons and a go at Saturn

Last night, was again clear, very surprising that was. I started out, with a quick shot with the Skymax 102 on the camera tripod

Photobucket

I couldn't resist colouring it

Photobucket

I then set the camera to jpg, continuous shooting and locked the shutter release remote. some 60 odd frames later I stopped it. I stacked the 61 frames and came out with

Photobucket

I little later on, the moon was higher, and the sky was still clear, I took the NexStar Skymax SLT out and set that up. I tried a few AVI's on the moon with the SPC900, but there's not enough contrast in them to stack properly. I had a go at Saturn, firstly just the webcam in the Skymax

Photobucket

Then had a try with the Ultima Barlow.

Photobucket

The blue lines are back, and it's got to be the gain causing it. I had to push up the gain. Anyway, considering how rubbish the seeing was lsat night, seeing the rings of Saturn was tricket it was that bad, I'm really rather pleased with these.

No comments: