Tuesday 24 March 2009

Iridium 30 and the Triplet

I was able to get out and capture my first flare in a while. I setup the Satcatcher, and used my 50mm prime lens

Photobucket

Then a little later, I setup the HEQ5. I tried to find M81/M82 again to add a load more data, but failed, I think this was down to a high level mist around that area. It certainly made things tricky. But whilst I was trying to find them and taking test shots, I did get this ...

Photobucket

I don't know what it is, but...

I gave up and slewed around to have a go at the Leo Triplet. I found the correct three really quickly and set about capturing data. I found, to my surprise that I was able to get some 4 minute subs unguidded. However, it got a little breezy so I had to stop the capture and go back to 3 minute subs.

Anyway after not long enough, the power tank ran dry. I've really got to get the mains power sorted out.

After stacking and processing, here's the image.

Photobucket

It really needs a lot more time, but I'm pleased with it.

No comments: