Wednesday 4 March 2009

Just a few Moon shots

The sky was a mixed bag last night. Clear spells with fast moving clouds sweeping through to blot everything out. I did manage to grab a couple of shots of the moon through holes, by mounting the scope on my camera tripod.

C80ED with a 2xTC @1200mm
Photobucket

And as there was some colour information showing through, I pulled out the colour
Photobucket

I've also been loaned a Skymax 102 to try out, it has a bit of a longer focal length (1300mm) and therefore doesn't need the TC, also being a shorter length tube, it's actually easier to use on the camera tripod. It's different to focus, and will take some playing with to get used to.

This has had a high pass sharpening filter applied.
Photobucket

And coloured too
Photobucket

I did put the Skymax on my NexStar (this makes a very light little combo) and set it up in the garden twice last night, only to find that within moments of getting aligned on the moon, the clouds moved in. So it's not really had anything like a proper test out as yet. One night soon hopefully.

No comments: