Wednesday 22 April 2009

NGC4088 and the Supernova

I decided to have a try at capturing the Supernova last night. So I setup the EQMOD goto features and it positioned the galaxy spot on in the middle of the sensor.

My first attempts at processing this had all sorts of oddities in the background

12x 360s @ ISO800, no darks, 9 flats, and bias
450d on C80ED
Guided by Meade DSI1C on Vista 80s with PHD
Stacked in DSS
Mucked about with in PS

Photobucket

and a crop

Photobucket

So I grabbed some darks, and added them into the mix, but that only made the image worse, and I didn't bother to save it.

I had a restack, threw out all the darks and bias frames, and most of the flats too... It looked much better, I wish there was some logic to all this....

12x360s @ISO800, 450d on C80ED
3 flats

Guided using a Meade DSI1C on Vista 80S with PHD

Click for bigger

Photobucket

and a crop
Photobucket

After that, with power running low on all the components, the lock gone, thanks to the meridian flip, I gave up, packed up and came in. I'm very pleased with the second set of images.

No comments: