Thursday 31 January 2008

Mount Update

I'm narrowing down what I'm gonna stick my scope on. There is one more question I need to decide on the answer on before I proceed, unless I can get something real cheap. Do I stick with the scope I have, and move forward with just this, learn the skies properly, learn how to use a telescope, knowing that I will have limitations in magnifications, what a lot of other amateurs call low power, is high power for my little scope. Or, do I splash on a big light bucket which will gather a lot more light and allow higher magnification to be used with the eye pieces I already have. At the moment, I'm looking at:

an eq2, an az3 or the supatrak.

They are all available second hand, which will save some money, good with the CFO.

I haven't closed the door on something a lot more meaty mind you, but that's likely to put the cost up quite considerably and that might cause other problems...

No comments: