Friday 8 August 2008

The Moon through my scope - a first

I took a photo last night after the storm, and a couple tonight. Tonight I used the Vista 80s on my new mini Manfrotto tripod (cheers Andy) with the 450d attached at prime. I've attempted to make the crop the same size on all three for scale.

250mm (camera lens) - last night after the storm
Photobucket

400mm (scope) - Tonight
Photobucket

800mm (scope + 2x barlow) - Tonight
Photobucket

I didn't use the fringe killer on the scope for these images, and I seem to have some light bloom or something around the centre, maybe I should have used the ND filter. The only real downside to having used the scope, I've now got dust spots on my sensor which I didn't have yesterday. I've managed to shift all bar one of them with the blower and self clean, and that one is slap bang in the upper middle of the frame , grrr.

No comments: