Saturday 20 September 2008

Stacked Moon from the 18th

I managed to stack the moon shots, finally. Bit of a fight with registax as it doesn't like the 450d raw files. So I converted them to tif. Then registax complained the tif's were too large. I resized them. Then it would only open 5 of them, before throwing storage and divide by zero errors. I resized them again. This time I was able to stack them, here's the result.

Photobucket

However, something has been bugging me about this image, and I think I've finally sussed what it is. After repeated attempts and doing a lot of image comparisons, I think I messed up. I took the shots for this stack after doing the filter comparisons, and I don't think I can have reassembled everything quite as well. I didn't recheck the focus after the changes (so easy to do with the liveview too) and I think it's ever so slightly out of focus, that's caused some odd fringing effects too.... That'll learn me. Always check focus after changing anything....

No comments: