Thursday 4 September 2008

A perseid and a flare

Firstly, I missed one... Oops. I managed to catch an early perseid and didn't post it.... Anyway, time to rectify that..

Photobucket

The sky looked quite clear early on Monday evening so I set up the satcatcher. Of course within 10 minutes the sky had been blotted with clouds. I left it setup as my targets were a -8 and a -6 flare. Always worth a try. Anyway, with only a couple of minutes to go, a large gap appeared in just the right location for the -8. The alignment was a bit of a rush job, so the flare isn't as central as I would have liked, but at 74mm that becomes all the harder and more demanding. I really must remember, that for rushed setups no longer than 55mm.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John. Great photo. I really like wide field shots like this. The way you've just got the tops of the houses in the FOV really adds a sense of 'depth' to the image I think.