Monday 30 June 2008

Flare and planets

Another so so day, with clouds free wheeling across the sky. Another couple of opportunities to catch a bright flare with Mars and Saturn. The first one came around, so all set with the SatCatcher and I took a shot, but only caught bands of clouds. ABout 20 minutes later, the second opportunity came along. I tried again, and this time, finally, I got a nice bright mag -5 flare, with Mars and Saturn in the frame. Phew.

Iridium 29
Photobucket

Having taken this shot. And fought with the clouds enough, I came in to process it, and after some advice on a forum, had another go at processing the output from stacking the Cygnus region widefield from the other day. I found a couple of interesting little tricks that certainly enhanced the image, and also discovered that my original from the other day had been over processed in removing light pollution, removing star detail in the process. Anyway, after a number of passes trying different things, I ended up with :

Photobucket

No comments: