Friday 27 June 2008

No flares, Jupiter moon project, No stars

For once the weather forecasters managed to make an accurate prediction. The day had been a bit hit and miss, with a mix of clouds and sun. By the early evening, there was some thin high cloud but plenty of open sky too and the cloud was thin enough to not be a problem. I was out for a while doing family things, and as we left, the sky had disappeared behind a layer of thick grey. On the way home it started to rain. I was a bit put out about this as I'd been hoping for at least 2 flares around 2230 last night. A mah -7 and mag -6, both within 15 minutes of each other, both flying within camera eyes view of Saturn and Mars. Of course, the possible project for Jupiter's moons, cacpturing daily shots and showing the motion also went out the window. I can only assume that someone has it in for me to prevent me capturing a bright flare and a couple of planets in the same shot.

No comments: