Thursday 24 April 2008

Some new bits and pieces

Well, Steve at FLO has done his usual superb job. I ordered a 24mm Hyperion, the fine tuning rings, and a UV/IR cut filter for the webcam yesterday mid morning, and they all arrived, well packed this morning. I've removed the lens from the SPC900, and fitted the nose piece and filter, so it's all ready to go. Two things to test it with. One, live viewing, hopefully it will be sensitive enough. Two, Planetary/Lunar imaging. I'll give Saturn a go if the weather ever clears up. In traditional fashion, now the new gear has arrived, we appear to have a storm rolling in, based on the grumbles from the sky heard not that long ago. I think I may have to become far more active in Photography, at least that way I'll get to use some of the gear I have for astronomy when the weather is like this.

No comments: