Tuesday 22 April 2008

Cloudy Weather

The weather, since I got clouded out has not been kind. It's been cloudy ever since. Last night I saw the first stars and a planet since then. Arcturus, Regulus and Saturn where the only things bright enough to burn through the light cloud cover. Today has dawned bright and sunny so we shall have to see what comes. My new Bins (lidl/Breser 10x50's) are here and of course they arrived the day after the clouds set in, so I haven't had a chance to test them yet. Having said that, I've had a quick play during the day. I've found that they are clearer and much lighter than my Celestron 12x50's, so I reckon they'll get more use.

I've ordered up a Philips SPC900 from Maplin, and bought a 33p resistor so I could get the free shipping, that was a 33p well spent, as it saved me some £3. I already have a 1.25" Nose piece for a webcam, so I should be able to get that up and running easily. I'm also planning on getting a 24mm Hyperion and the tuning rings to round out my ep collection.

No comments: