Sunday 24 February 2008

1 more for the list - Image processing

There still hasn't been any observing. The closest I've managed to get is to look, longingly out the window to see if the clouds have moved on, only to be disappointed. Ah well.

I've managed to confirm, with the help of an SGL member, and my new lunar atlas, that I have indeed picked up one more object on the Lunar 100. This is Reiner Gamma. It's an odd think, a little white spot on the surface of the moon.

I've also been attempting to "improve" my images I've taken previously. I've been running though a couple of image processing tutorials, only my images never end up quite right. I'm beginning to wonder if this is because they are captured in jpg format instead of raw, and therefore don't contain the all important information needed. I have found a raw hack for the camera, it's provided from a russian site, so I'm not sure of much about it. I can't read any of the details. I feel I need to look into it further before considering updating the firmware on my camera with it. But it may be that I'll be able to capture raw mode images soon.

No comments: