Wednesday 6 February 2008

Webcams

My webcam nose piece adapter arrived today. This was delivered from China in under a week. I'm impressed by that. It was also half the price of buying here and is a good quality piece, made of metal. I've run a quick test, and with some fiddling with various attachments, tube extenders and stuff, I was able to get focused on my usual test subject during the day. A fence. The image was pretty good displayed on the PC screen, but I'm not sure the software was the best. Just got to work out the best way of displaying/capturing this. The word is out on the forums... Stargazers Lounge and AstroChat.

Of course, to use this for proper astro imaging will require that the clunky photo tripod I'm currently using get swapped for a nice and smooth eq mount. Ho hum, back to this question again.

No comments: