Friday 8 February 2008

The Hyperion cometh

The Hyperion has just arrived. Holy smoke what an eyepiece. Firstly it's huge, compared to my little Konus it's almost a scope in it's own right. Secondly, I just ran a quick test onto the fence and the image is crisp, clear, sharp and as far as I can tell free of defects. The field of view is nearly the same as my 20mm Plossl (actually, probably wider, I'll try and get a proper test done on this tonight, if the weather holds), and the magnification is greater. I think it's going to get a lot of use. The only problem is, now I regret buying it. I thought this would happen. I want lots more of them.... DAMN!!!!!

Despite how big the thing is, I've managed to squeeze it into my Maplin flight case. It's getting a bit cramped in there now. I'm not sure I could squeeze another Hyperion in without having to remove at least one of my Plossls.

Here's a picture:

jgs001 / Photos / Konus and Hyperion

I'm looking forward to testing it out under the stars, might get lucky later.

No comments: