Friday 14 March 2008

All powered up and nothing to see

My powertank cable has now arrived from Astronomiser and FLO. The mount now powers up nicely from the powertank. No more suffering with poor tired old AA's for me. Just need this weather to go away so I can test out the external power supply and newly tightened Alt bracket. I've checked the forecast and the next clear night is supposed to be Monday. Then I can also test out the x14 mod on the camera, go for some max zoom, piggybacked shots of clusters. Also I can test out the Baader Microstage II. It appears I can seriously overdo the magnification if I'm not careful, although the images suffer from some serious vignetting using my Z2. Of course, using the 17mm Hyperion, may well improve the vignetting. Might have to borrow the wifes camera though, cough cough.

Here's a test image I took of the usual fence. I used the 5mm Hyperion with the Z2 attached at full zoom and full auto. If I'm correct, and I might be way out, then this gives me something like 800x which is totally unusable. Hmm, of course my maths is probably way out.


It's worth pointing out, that I also got some Baader Optical Wonder fluid yesterday. After testing it on my work glasses, I've now also used it to clean up all the lenses and the Diagonal mirror, so it's all nice and shiny.

No comments: