Wednesday 19 March 2008

Where have all the stars gone ?

Another day passes. I'm sitting here listening to "Mr Blue Sky" on the telly and wondering the same thing as in the song. The day started out with only a couple of small puffs of cotton wall floating up high, brilliantly clear, the sun shining in the heavens. A far more pleasant start to the day than recently. Gradually, I've watched the grey mass float across and gobble up all the sky. Once again we're back to heavy cloud cover, and what's looking to be another night without being able to see the sky. It's been a week now and it's getting to be a tad irritating.

I've modded the new mount slightly, got everything rigged up so I can take fixed afocal images, the powertank is ready to go with all the cables needed. I want to go and use it again. The forecast is again, for the third time this week supposed to be clear by about 9pm. Ha, I'm not holding out any hope. Ah well.

Another day,
still no stars,
still no moon,
the scope hides in the dining room.

Forecast is clear,
I don't believe it,
I need my fix,
of the sky at night.

No comments: