Monday 24 March 2008

Thin clouds

Thin cloud last night, so I didn't get out. However, I have made some improvements to the camera piggy back screw. I found that the screw itself had come loose. I tightened it up, I might have to get some form of washer to put in there to help hold it still. Then I turned over the platform nut (not sure what it's really called) as this provides more area for the camera to sit on, and to add that extra touch of fixedness, a rubber washer between this and the camera. Once the camera is attached, I can wrap the should strap around the extended portion of the dovetail bar and this will hold the camera up pretty well in case something slips. I need to work on the clickstop at some point now. I wonder if I can mark out the best settings in some way so that I can just unfold it, align the arms and attach, that would be good. I'll have to look into this.

One thing I did discover from the other night that I forgot to mention on my previous post, if leaving everything set up, put the eyepiece cap on the ep to protect the lens.

No comments: