Wednesday 12 March 2008

General Updates

Not a lot to report. The weather was it's normal self last night. There was the occasional short glimpse of sky through the clouds as they washed across. I had a look at the moon, Earthshine was still visible, but I suspect it won't be for much longer as the lit limb grows. For some odd reason, Orions belt seemed to hang in a gap in the clouds for several minutes last night. It was the only thing visible. I'm assuming it was Orions belt as it was in about the right area of the sky, and the three stars were lined up with the correct separations.

My powertank is all charged and ready to go. The cable hasn't arrived yet, but I don't expect it to take very long, the key is going to be getting a break in the weather. It doesn't look likely that will happen any time soon. The wind is blowing hard this morning.

The Baader Microstage II will allow me to attach the camera to a Hyperion and then swing it out of the way for visual use of the scope. When I want to start snapping, I just swing it back into place and the camera will be lined up and ready to go. There'll have to be a bit of alignment required in advance, but once that exercise is carried out and I'm out in the garden it should work really well. I'm going to try and get Saturn at 160x and tracked. We shall see how that comes out.

I'm reprocessing my Leo images again. I think that DSS is far more complicated that I had first thought, there's a lot of options, and it's going to take some playing to get them correct. This may well be the case for each image.

No comments: