Friday 21 March 2008

Filtering Weather

The weather today has just been plain weird. It started out really nice first thing this morning, bright blue skies, not a cloud in sight. This of course didn't last, and within a short while, the sky had gone dark. Then the hail started. Hard. It didn't last long and was gone again shortly after. Then the clouds went and the sun came out. Dare I say it, almost warm. It stayed this way for a few hours with a little light rain shower in the middle. Then about 4 the winds kicked up, and the clouds came back. A little later, another bout of hail, and now it looks like it might be clearing. Maybe, it'll be clear for a look at the full Moon, maybe not. I just can't tell. The forecasts are not helpful and are covering themselves for most eventualities. There's even a weather warning in force for some parts near me for snow tomorrow. Ah well. Just have to see.

I've been looking into CA filter for the scope. The fringe killer works pretty well, but I'm not certain the yellow tint isn't affecting my ability to see contrasts well on the moon. I posted about various filters on AC and have been offered a loaner of the Baader Contrast Booster, and having accepted, I'm going to give this try to see whether the views are better.

No comments: