Sunday 11 January 2009

Another moon shot

I had a few minutes the other night to try another moon shot. As I had only a short while, I used the camera tripod with the scope on it. Again using the 450d and 2xTC to capture the image.

It's not quite as crisp as the other night, but it was much lower down, and not having the fine control and tracking of the motors on the NexStar made focusing all the harder.

Photobucket

And then, because I can really, I pulled up the colour

Photobucket

I was eager to get out and try a little experiment with my new adapter. This allows me to mount the 450d directly on the top of a Hyperion eyepiece. I managed a very quick test and through the viewfinder the view looked good, but there was too much cloud around moving to quickly last night to attempt a picture, as I couldn't spend the time to get focus.

No comments: