Wednesday 14 January 2009

More Lunar Fun

A clear night for a change. This is grim. And the bad news, I have a sore back and shoulder. I got the gear out anyway, levelled, powered up aligned and moved onto the moon. After a quick look about with the 5mm Hyperion, I have to say, the seeing was really very poor, I decided to try out my adapter. So I attached the fittings to the Hyperion, ducked in and fitted the lump to the 450d, back out and in the diagonal, and focus was pretty close. The view in the camera viewfinder was pretty good, if wobbly. I used liveview to tweak focus and fired off a few shots..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm rather pleased with how they've come out, under better conditions, I'm sure the results would be better.

Then I hooked up the webcam for a quick bash with that. I used WcCtrl to control the webcam on this occasion, and whilst the controls are the same as WxAstroCapture, there are slots for saving 8 different groups of settings, so that'll make life easier. So, the first image is a single point alignment in Registax

Photobucket

This is a multipoint alignment of the same input avi

Photobucket

Then I used QcFocus to capture another AVI, this data is useable in AVIStack but I haven't got to grips with that as yet and keep crashing it. So I ran a multipoint Registax on it instead for now

Photobucket

Each stack is about 450 of 500 frames. This is the first time I've had consistent results with Registax Multipoint alignment. I can only presume that the data is better in some way. The only thing I did do differently, was I patched the webcam back to the original settings, removing the raw mod, maybe this had a bearing I don't know.

No comments: