Friday 16 January 2009

Lunar AVI reprocess and some news

I had another go at stacking one of my lunar AVI's from the other night, this time taking into account some of the advice I'd received from Squirreltape (AC), carefully selecting the reference frame, creating a reference stack and better wavelet settings. The image is a result of 150 or 520 frames, with a 44 frame reference stack, and a small saturation boost in final processing in Registax

Photobucket

My copy of the latest Sky at Night arrived yesterday, and I've had another image on the cover disk. This time my M52 and Bubble nebula image.

Photobucket

Yippee, although given the quality of a lot of images I see in the mag and on the cover disk, I don't think this is up to the same standard, but who am I to argue. Also, we are always our own worst critics.

No comments: