Tuesday 6 January 2009

The Moon and an outing

I went out last night to a visit to the Adur Astro Society. I got out before hand and grabbed a shot of the moon with the 55-250

Photobucket

Then attended the meeting. A very interesting meeting, with a review of good and interesting visual and photographic targets for the month. There's a couple of good clusters coming up, positioned nicely for me to image and I shall have a go at these when I can. I then had a chance to show a few of my images and the SatCatcher which went down well. There was some astonishment at how effective something so simple and crude could be, and I think there will be a few more made soon.

When I got home, I was tempted to get the scope out and try and setup the silly experiment from the Lunar X, pushing the mag to silly levels with the 450d, but it was too damn cold and I couldn't be doing with it. So I settled for a normal shot with the 55-250 instead.

Photobucket

No comments: